Making a complaint
We know that sometimes things go wrong and here at Britannia we really value your feedback. Letting us know when you are not happy with our products or service, provides us with the opportunity to put it right and helps us to improve our service for all our customers.
To find out the latest news about Payment Protection insurance, please visit our latest news section.
Our promise is to:
- treat your complaint fairly
- try to resolve complaints straight away, when you first contact us
- if we cannot resolve your complaint when you first contact us, send you a response in writing
- keep you informed of our progress
How to make a complaint
The first step is for us to understand your complaint. How you can contact us:
- In person - visiting your local branch to speak to a member of the team
- By telephone - speak to a member of our Customer Service teams
- By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can write to,
- Customer Response, Britannia, Britannia House, Leek, Staffordshire Moorlands, ST13 5RG
To help us resolve your complaint we’ll need the following information:
- details of what you are concerned about
- your name and address
- account number or policy number
- a daytime telephone number
Please let us know if you need your response to be sent in an alternative format such as large print, audio or Braille.
If you purchased your product online you also have the option to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service using the Online Dispute Resolution platform, the platform has been set up by the European Commission to provide an online tool for consumers to resolve disputes about goods and services purchased online. To access the platform Click here.
What happens next?
We’ll always do everything we possibly can to resolve a complaint straight away. Where this isn’t possible, we will keep you informed of our progress until your complaint has been resolved.
Not satisfied with our response?
Should you remain unhappy with our response, or if eight weeks have passed since you first raised the matter with us, you have the option to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
For more information about the Financial Ombudsman Service visit:
Or contact them:
Post: The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR
Phone: 0800 0 234 567 or 0300 123 9 123
All complaints that we cannot resolve by the end of the next working day are reported to the Financial Conduct Authority. Every six months we will publish a summary of this information on the The Co-operative Bank website.